Improve Yield With Real-Time Inspection of Edge Quality
Bad edge conditions on steel coils result in downgrading or re‐trimming that cost manufacturers millions of dollars. The Edge Tech Remote Inspection system allows detailed inspection of the trimmed edge on both sides of the strip immediately after the trimming operation is performed. Strip edge quality, knife wear and knife cracks can be seen, corrected and then checked to ensure that the problems have been eliminated.
- MORE INSIGHT. MORE OPTIONS. LESS SCRAP
For the first time you can monitor coil edge quality and see knife wear in real time. Make necessary adjustments long before the coil is complete, eliminating the need for additional processes like retrim and the cost of rejected or downgraded coils.
- MONITOR QUALITY FROM THE SAFETY OF THE PULPIT
Improve operator safety by limiting interaction with the line to only when necessary. Edge Tech captures and magnifies edge quality to show critical settings like lap and gap and symptoms of knife wear like burrs and sawtooth, far from the hazards of the line.
- INSPECTION TECHNOLOGY FOR TODAY (AND TOMORROW)
Retrofit existing lines with Edge Tech today and start gathering intelligence to increase efficiency and yield. Machine learning features provide faster response to defects identified as critical for your operation, which will help you to keep up with the production needs of tomorrow. Invest today with the benefit of knowing you can upgrade as new features are released.
MORE ABOUT FEATURESLESS ABOUT FEATURES
- Auto Defect Detect - alerts the team to potential trim quality issues as they occur. So you can take action when it matters most, before the coil is complete.
- Cut to Break Ratio – monitor and maintain ideal knife settings for the grade of steel in process.
- Immediate viewing of the coil edge right after knife trim operation on both sides of the strip
- Optimal cut-to-tear ratio defined for benchmarking
- Knife and coil images captured in real time
- Examination of the entire circumference of knife/knives
- Adjustable knife position
- Inspect edge detail in slow motion with pause, play and back-up capabilities
- 8x magnification of the strip edge
- On-screen measurement of anomalies for problem assessment
- High resolution video capture and display
- On-demand image storage feature
- Gain immediate knowledge of edge trim from the safety of the pulpit
- Quick recognition of trim flaws in real time
- Take corrective action immediately
- Eliminate poor quality edges
- Avoid additional damage to coils
- Avoid downgrading and secondary trimming
- Provide consistent quality coils for greater customer satisfaction
- Protect your reputation
- Measure return-on-investment in number of coils rather than years
- Standard coil processing lines
- Pickling lines
- Galvanizing lines